Monday 21 May 2012

Minty Fresh Nails...

I've loved mint green nail polishes for a couple of years now, and as Spring/Summer comes around it becomes my go-to colour.

Until recently I had been all about Barry M's Nail Paint in Mint Green. I love the Nail Paints. They comes in a fantastic range of colours, and at £2.99 you can't go wrong. However, I am a chronic nail chipper, and as soon as one chip appears I set about peeling the rest of my polish off. So when looking for a new mint nail polish the Rimmel Lycra Pro polish in Peppermint tickled my interest with their claims to provide 'long lasting, chip resistant, anti-fade colour' and 10 days of professional finish wear.


While I can't claim 10 days with no chips, I have gone 4 or 5 days without a single chip and without having to worry about the state of my nails, which is miraculous by my standards.
The 'maxi brush' makes a good, neat application really simple and means you aren't left having to go back around the sides of the nails or cleaning up imperfections. It also dries quickly which is a huge bonus in my books as I'm massively impatient and my painted nails have suffered countless times due to this!

Although the price tag is slightly higher at £4.59 a bottle, I believe I'll be returning to the Rimmel Lycra Pro polishes when I'm next on the nail polish prowl.

(As a side note, I have looked at the Essie polishes that have recently come to UK drugstores, but am yet to try them as I personally wouldn't want to spend £7.99 on a nail polish that has had mixed reviews. However, I know the shade Mint Candy Apple is hugely popular amongst bloggers and Youtubers and what I have seen (in the shops and from online photos) I think that both the Barry M Mint Green Nail Paint and the Rimmel Lycra Pro in Peppermint would make great purse friendly dupes...)

I'd love to know what you think and if there are any other drugstore summer colours you would recommend?

xxx

Rimmel Lycra Pro Colour Memory polish in Peppermint (500) - http://www.boots.com/en/Rimmel-LYCRA-PRO-Colour-Memory-Nail-Polish_1211374/

Barry M Nail Paint in Mint Green - http://www.superdrug.com/barry-m/barry-m-nail-polish-mint-green/invt/561621/&bklist=

No comments:

Post a Comment